Alex Kountouris

Ashes 2017: Injury woes for Australia ahead of facing England

[caption id="attachment_57883" align="aligncenter" width="580"]Coulter Nile Nathan Coulter-Nile has again suffered with his old back problem. Image Source: twitter[/caption]

Internet Desk: Injury woes for Australia ahead of the Ashes series as their prime fast bowler Nathan Coulter-Nile will be needing a "short break" as he is again suffering from his old back problem. Cricket Australia further said that he would probably won’t take part in the forthcoming Ashes series.

30-year-old Coulter-Nile has a long problem of spinal stress fractures and the recent pain would end his chances of being a back-up to Australian pace-trio of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins against England.

"Nathan experienced some pain in his back following the two-day tour match against England last week," CA's sports medicine manager Alex Kountouris said.

"Subsequent scans have revealed an early stage aggravation of his old stress fracture.

"Whilst this is a setback, the good news is that it has been picked up early so we are only considering a short break from bowling while we monitor him."

Kountouris said Coulter-Nile will have further scans over the next month to determine when he can return to bowling. The five-Test Ashes series starts on November 23.

Coulter-Nile has yet to play a Test match, but has made 21 one-day and 19 T20 international appearance for Australia.

About Web Master

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.