Albert Roca

Super Cup 2018: Ruthless Bengaluru FC crowned CHAMPIONS by thrashing East Bengal

[caption id="attachment_65816" align="aligncenter" width="580"]WhatsApp Image 2018-04-20 at 5.40.21 PM Bengaluru FC thumped East Bengal 4-1 in the final of Super Cup. Image Source: XtraTime[/caption]

Jagrick Dey, Bhubaneswar: A thumping performance from Bengaluru FC helped Albert Roca's men to lift the first Super Cup title with a resounding 4-1 win over Kingfisher East Bengal.

It was East Bengal, who had a brilliant start to the game. In the 7th minute Bengaluru could have been down to ten men as Gurpreet could have easily been sent off. A long ball had Kromah racing past Johnson and with Gurpreet coming off his line, missed the ball and clashed with his own defender as Kromah got the ball past him with a quick touch just outside the box. Big call from the referee as he awarded yellow cards to the goalie and defender.

East Bengal took the lead with a stunning goal in the 28th minute, as a corner kick was played into the middle of the box where Bengaluru defence had some serious trouble. Gurpreet came out and punched unconvincingly and Ansumana Kromah got away from his marker Bheke to hit a looping scorpion kick into the net.

Bengaluru crawled back into the game in the 40th minute. It was Rahul Bheke, who scored a brilliant goal. An unmarked Bheke ghosted into the centre of the box and executed a strong header into the corner of the net to make it 1-1.

East Bengal was down to 10 men in the 45th minute. A moment of madness from the East Bengal right back had costed his team big time. Bose lost the ball high up the field and tried to retain the ball with a rash tackle on Samad. The full-back reacted with lashing at Bose with his arm. Easy decision for the referee.

Bengaluru took the lead in the second half in the 69th minute as Gurwinder gifted a penalty to the Blues. A slow run up by the Blues skipper before blasting the ball into the bottom left corner, sending Ubaid the wrong way to make it 2-1 in favour of them.

Miku made it 3-1 in favour of Albert Roca's team in the 72nd minute. Victor won the ball at the halfway line and played a one-two with Dovale and hit the return ball into the feet of Miku whose stunning finish from inside the box on a half-turn hit the net.

Bengaluru sealed the deal in the 90th minute. Sunil Chhetri leaped high to head into the net a Rahul Bheke cross in from the right.  It was indeed the "Game set and match" for the Blues.

About Web Master


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.